The job Application Support Engineer has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Application Support Engineer posted by DTCC
Why you'll love this job:
Enterprise Application Support (EAS) provides centralized application and infrastructure support for all critical business applications and infrastructure support.
The Application Support Engineer role will be responsible for providing technical support of all the application. The role will be executing all aspects of the operating procedures/run books within a predefined shift pattern. This role is expected to work closely with the required development teams, our Enterprise Infrastructure partners and our internal business clients to resolve and escalate technical support incidents where necessary.Your Responsibilities
- Support DTCC applications by providing monitoring, application, and system support for DTCC‘s production application services client facing environments.
- Provide 24x7 support for event monitoring, incident triage, problem management and escalation
- Provide support to all jurisdictions on a shift basis, handling any activity for any region within the local time zone coverage
- Identify and implement efficiencies and improvements to standard processes and procedures such as automation through scripting, programming, etc.
- Contribute to projects by executing task deliverables and ensuring permit-to-operate (PTO) guidelines are met.
- Provide support for change management approval, execution for DTCC’s production application services
- Client support team engagement to assist with application related incidents, client testing and integrations
- Support disaster recovery test planning and execution - application environment review, shutdown, start, verification, fixing
- Access administration for application access to DTCC's production application services
- Aligns risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
Sound Like You?
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Technology - Mainframe
- Language - COBOL, JCL, SQL
- Utilities - VSAM, CA-Scheduler, File-Aid, Changeman, BMCDB2, SPUFI
- Middleware technologies – CICS, CICS-MQ, WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ,
- Database - Stored Procs - DB2, Oracle
- Basic knowledge on Cloud (AWS), LINUX/UNIX, Windows Server
- Basic knowledge on SOAP/Restful API’s
- Bachelor's degree preferred with master’s or equivalent experience.
- ITIL certification is a plus but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation