The job Application Support Engineer has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Application Support Engineer posted by DTCC
Application Support Engineer, Associate
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.Why You'll Love This Job:
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets.
Application Support Engineer role will be responsible for technical support and development of applications. Contribute to technology-specific best practices & standards; contribute to success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; contribute expertise on significant application components, vendor products, program languages, databases, and operating systems; complete the plan by building components, testing, configuring, tuning, and deploying solutions.Your Responsibilities:
- Support DTCC applications by providing application and system support for DTCC's production application services client facing environments.
- Participate in new projects and ensure all work like PTO, Controls etc. are in place for the application support
- Provide support handling any activity for any region within the local time zone coverage
- Identify and implement efficiencies and improvements to standard processes and procedures such as automation through scripting, programming, etc.
- Provide support for change management approval, execution for DTCC's production application services
- Client support team engagement to assist with application related incidents, client testing and integrations- Participate in daily code deploys while working on individual or team projects
- Translate business requirements into software designs and implementations
- Participate in detailed code reviews with a goal of illustrating quality engineering practices and to produce the highest quality code possible
- Build high quality and scalable / performant applications
- Understand requirements and translate them into specific Application and other EI tasks.
- 3+ years' experience in application development and system analysis; detailed understanding of the middleware and message protocols
- Expert knowledge in Java/ JEE and coding standard methodologies.
- Expert knowledge in development concepts. Good design and coding skills in Web Services, Spring, Soap/Rest APIs, and Java Script Frameworks for modern web applications.
- Good experience in working with Message Oriented Middleware technologies (IBM MQ, ActiveMQ, SOA, etc.) and other distributed technologies.
- Experience integrating with database technologies such as Oracle, MySql, etc.
- Keen for writing quality and self-validating code using unit tests and following TDD.
- Experience in developing and using AWS cloud stack (S3, SQS, Redshift, Lamda. etc.) is a huge plus
- Is very comfortable in operating in a Unix environment and has experience with shell scripts.
- Capable to demonstrate DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code using tools like Jenkins, Cloudbees, Git, etc.
- Has experience working in Agile Scrum and is a strong great teammate.
- Bachelor's degree in technical subject area or related field
- College Degree in Business Administration / IT preferred
- ITIL certification is a plus but not required
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC's Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.