The job Application Support Engineer has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Application Support Engineer posted by DTCC
About this Opportunity
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets.
Application Support Engineer role will be responsible for providing technical support of all the applications within the IT Solutions Delivery department for the Repository and Derivatives Services (RDS) area. The role will be executing all aspects of the operating procedures/runbooks within a predefined shift pattern for our Global Trade Repository (GTR) and Securities Financing Transaction Regulation (SFTR) systems. This role is expected to work closely with the required development teams, our Enterprise Infrastructure partners and our internal business clients to resolve and escalate technical support incidents where necessary.
What You'll Do
- Support DTCC applications by providing monitoring, application, and system support for DTCC‘s production application services client facing environments.
- Provide 24x7 support for event monitoring, incident triage and escalation
- Provide support to all jurisdictions on a shift basis, handling any activity for any region within the local time zone coverage
- Implementation of efficiencies and improvements to standard processes and procedures such as automation through scripting, programming, etc.
- Contribute to projects by executing task deliverables and ensuring permit-to-operate (PTO) guidelines are met.
- Support for change management and execution of DTCC’s production application services
- Client support team engagement to assist with application related incidents, client testing and integrations
- Support disaster recovery test planning and execution - application environment review, shutdown, start, verification, troubleshooting
- Support management of resources that are involved in maintaining the host operating system on UNIX, Vmware and Windows servers as well as software subsystems such as databases, web server software, LDAP, and security subsystems.
- Support risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalate appropriately
Sound Like You?
- Minimum 3 years of experience in application production support and team management
- Knowledge of system administration – system configuration management, resource sharing, operating system fundamentals
- Knowledge on application support – basic programming skills, log reading and analysis
- Experience in managing multiple platforms (Operating systems – UNIX, Linux, Windows, VMWare)
- Understanding of different technologies and applications:
- Networking and Storage technologies – TCP/IP, EMC, NetApp, HP, Cisco
- Database – Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL, DB2, Greenplum, Snowflake
- Middleware technologies – Websphere Application Server, Websphere MQ, Java, JRE, Nutanix
- Clustering technologies – Veritas, Red Hat, and VMWare vSphere
- Cloud Computing – AWS, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, Azure
- Programming and scripting – ability to establish automation, write scripts (Perl, Python, Chef, Puppet) or implement system solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve IT problems
- Customer service and communication skills
- General knowledge of industry principles and new technologies like cloud computing, virtualization, etc.
- College Degree in Business Administration / IT preferred
- IT Certifications - CISSP, Linux, CompTia, OCP, Agile, etc.
- ITIL certification is a plus but not required