The Director, Food & Beverage - India, will assist the Vice President, Operations - India in project development co-ordination for new hotels, as well as, Hotel pre-openings. You will work closely with the F&B Operation front and back-of-house in the introduction of each outlet; restaurant; bar; catering and kitchen, ensuring that the concepts, procedure and policies are well developed and in line with the concept brief.
The Director, Food & Beverage - India has a role in the co-ordination between the India Regional Office and Hotel operation for the F&B quality performance and brand standards / application.
What will I be doing?
Represent and assist the Vice-President, Operations -India in the function of F&B development and operational concerns.
- Represent and assist the Vice President, Operations - India in the function of F&B development and operational concerns.
- Ensure the implementation of established procedure and coordination schedule for pre-opening assistance.
- Establish and maintain proper working relationships with the Regional team, owners and investors, and hotel level management to facilitate the achievement of objectives.
- Maintain and increase service standards, productivity and creativity leading to improved performance in F&B in the Region.
- Drive creativity while maintaining focus on business performance for all initiatives.
- Ensure regular and constant communication and requests with India Regional Office.
- Implement guidelines for operating procedures standard to deliver guests satisfaction and business results.
- Has a clear understanding of the different brands identity within Hilton and monitoring the quality and operational performance appropriate to those brands.
- Will be fully acquainted with the brand standards of each brand for their applications.
- Has experience and understanding of hotel operations, front and back-of-house that would include the geographic and multi-cultural aspect of Food & Beverage.
- Operation support and quality improvement to operating hotels as required by the Vice President, Operations - India.
- To ensure new projects are developed and coordinated to achieve the quality and efficiency operating results required by Vice President, Operations - India.T
- o assist hotels in the application of Hilton quality and brand standards, and to be involved in target setting and provide analysis/support for achievement.
- To monitor and make recommendations so that Hilton F&B offerings are in line and where appropriate ahead of the competition.
- To suggest ways of improving quality and service on an on-going basis.
- To encourage the sharing of best practise and consistent implementation of F&B Icons.
- To keep abreast of industry trends/competition.
- To build relationships and partnerships within the industry
To understand and share customers and local market consumers, dining expectations and habits.
To support the creation of a service approach that has a point of difference to our customers.
To help determine if the F&B offering is in line with customer expectations and appropriate to the brand.
To provide input on the development of F&B marketing guidelines that communicates appropriately to our customer base.
To liaise with General Managers on any ways of cost management and improvement benefits.
To analyse and support the desired incremental conversion.
To support a revenue driven and cost conscious culture.
To work closely with the purchasing disciplines to ensure the best possible cost for the desired quality and/or create additional funding
What are we looking for?
To assist in the development of appropriate training programs and coaching mechanisms, pre-opening support or existing hotels support.
To drive an F&B culture and communicate the India objectives and vision statement.
A Director Food & Beverage-India serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- At least 5 years of management experience in hospitality, Food & Beverage. (F&B Director, Executive Chef).
- A proven track record of successful multi-property Food & Beverage experiences, international and multi-cultural F&B exposure.
- Analytical and creative ability to understand, articulate and create a business relation for unique and profitable initiatives.
- A passion for customer service and quality as well as people relation.
- Sound business judgment and creative decision maker.
- Good knowledge of Food & Beverage and experience in food products, cooking technical, beverage trends, catering and restaurant management.
- Have a sound knowledge in International and local cuisines with culinary experience in multi complex F&B outlets and catering.
- Understand kitchen and restaurant production and service logic and planning.
- Have a good interest / exposure in F&B customer service and procedure from restaurants to bars and catering.
- An individual who combines a confident, self-starting, high performance orientation with a track record that reflects a can do attitude and that almost is not good enough.
- The interpersonal skills to influence, motivate and energize.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Degree in relevant area
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its Apply Now >>. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!