The Firewall Engineer provides technical expertise and recommendations for configuration management and IT applications in response to projects and business needs. To assist the IT Architecture team with evaluating design solutions for business and customer requirements which will integrate with and enhance the network. Shall provide 3rd Tier support to the network operation teams by engaging as an escalation point for incidents, Root Cause Analysis and informal support for issues that arise during day to day activities.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
• Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework
• Designing and implementation of secure connectivity for various web-services and services access by 3rd party Understand the new business requirements (confidentiality, Integrity & Availability) and deliver secure network solution for application connectivity Ensure security and performance of the company's network Design, implement and provide L-3 support for Firewalls, VPN (remote connectivity), Web Application Firewall, Email Security gateway, Network load balancer, Syslog , SIEM, AAA, Network DLP, forward Proxy , gateway content filtering , Network & Network traffic monitoring tools, Wi-Fi network
• Define & implement hardening parameters for all network and security products Design and implement the resiliency in network security as per Recovery Point Objective (RPO) requirements Design and implement backup and DR solutions as per Recovery Point Objective (RPO) define under business BCP Ensure Change Management & Incident Management process is followed Evaluate, testing, PoC and configuration of new security products. Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects
• Ability to run sniffers, packet captures and analyze the logs for interpretation of cause during troubleshooting
• Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors
• Write functional requirements/specifications documents
• Assess vendor development/test strategies
• Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems
• Implement/upgrade network hardware and software components as required
• Solve complex problems with many variables
• Mentoring skills for Junior Engineering and operation organization
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with overall experience of 10-15 years
• At least 5-8 years of experience in a similar role supporting firewall infrastructure is desired.
• Cisco CCNA , CCSP, CheckPoint Certification, CISA/ certifications preferred.
• Good understanding of Linux / Windows operating system , SSL/TLS & PKI
• Strong knowledge of Cyber Security requirements and work to enhance the Cyber defence of the company5+ years of Strong OSI layer 2 knowledge and practical experience, including various flavors of Spanning Tree, ARP, QoS, OTV, VDC, VPC etc.
• Good understanding of networking technologies like routers, switches and load balancers will be advantageous.
• At least 5+ years of configuration experience on Cisco ASA F/W’s.
• Excellent communication, Presentation and conflict management skills
• Ability to work with diverse functional, hierarchical groups and drive convergence of vision and viewpoints, Ability to articulate complex situation well.
• Knowledge of project management and project lifecycle.
• Ability to interface with business organizations, Project management team and Senior Management.
• Deliver on assigned tasks, projects, design & review technical documentation on a periodic basis.
• Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
Ocwen is intensely focused on hiring, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry! Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion ensures that we are an organization that creates, promotes and sustains an inclusive work environment in which diversity, inclusiveness and respect are integral parts of our culture and work environment. Building the reputation as an outstanding place to work, a great business partner and a valued community member is our everyday endeavor.
Ocwen’s mission is to delight our customers through caring service and innovative lending solutions. We proudly serve over 1.3 million families with their mortgage needs by helping to find real solutions that benefit our customers and help to build stronger communities. Helping Homeowners is What We Do!®
Consider an opportunity to join our global team and put “Caring in Action” while growing your career.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.