• This position is an IT Infrastructure Engineering position within the Infrastructure Engineering Department. Accountable for the design, operational stability, understanding, supporting and maintaining a complex environment; comprised of multiple business units and multiple support groups.
• The candidate will play an individual contributor role in Design, Deployment, Administration and Tier 3 Escalation support for relevant technologies.
• Candidate should be able to understand solutions and document operational artifacts to build a comprehensive set of repeatable SOPs’ required to maintain the health of the infrastructure. Candidate should be familiar with evolving large, global IT organizations and the challenges associated with such, including M&A activities.
• The ideal candidate will exhibit a strong understanding of the operational aspects of different technology disciplines. The individual will need to implement a set of guidelines and maintenance tasks to be executed by the team to effectively operate a highly complex infrastructure environment resulting in an increase to the quality of service within the organization.
• The Cloud Support Engineer role provides technical support to clients of our network infrastructure, compute, AI/cognitive, virtualization, data, and developer services. The role requires excellent collaboration with team members, other IT organizations, key stakeholders and business partners to meet the needs of the business as well as that of our customers. The role also requires providing Tier 3 escalation support to Tier 1 & 2 Operational support teams.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
• Deep knowledge of cloud service providers
• Deep knowledge of Hypervisor technologies
• Deep knowledge of Architectural Design and operational support tasks associated with the technologies
• Detailed understanding of Network protocols, Storage and Virtualization technologies
• Knowledge of deployment and administration of hybrid cloud solutions
• Detailed understanding of securing and monitoring cloud environments in an enterprise network.
• Creating Knowledge documents for the team associated with technologies within scope of support
• Create Infrastructure design documents and keep them updated on a periodic basis
• Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
• Cognitive/AI concepts such as Natural Language Processing (NLP), Dialog, Entity/Intent Management, Machine Learning Annotators, Deep QA, Ingestion, Structured/Unstructured Lookups
• Working with Vendors & design solutions in an individual capacity for technology upgrade paths
• Identify and recommend technology best practices in the currently evolving environment & help stabilize the environment by applying industry standard best practices.
• Effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management within the organization.
• Provisioning, storage concepts, operating systems, Web servers, Web hosting control panels, system administration
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Expert level experience in one or more of these specialized areas:
• Network protocols/technologies: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), VPC, VPN and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
• Required background in VMWare
• Required background with Amazon Web Services; preferred certificates
• Experience working with automation, scripting and provisioning tools
• Strong communication skills (including ability to probe deeply into business issues during exploratory and fact finding calls/discussions)
• Understanding of project management concepts and leading projects across the enterprise
Ocwen is intensely focused on hiring, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry! Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion ensures that we are an organization that creates, promotes and sustains an inclusive work environment in which diversity, inclusiveness and respect are integral parts of our culture and work environment. Building the reputation as an outstanding place to work, a great business partner and a valued community member is our everyday endeavor.
Ocwen’s mission is to delight our customers through caring service and innovative lending solutions. We proudly serve over 1.3 million families with their mortgage needs by helping to find real solutions that benefit our customers and help to build stronger communities. Helping Homeowners is What We Do!®
Consider an opportunity to join our global team and put “Caring in Action” while growing your career.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.