The job Infrastructure Services Engineer (NNMi, HPNA, Riverbed Steel Central NPM)) has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Infrastructure Services Engineer (NNMi, HPNA, Riverbed Steel Central NPM)) posted by DTCC
Job DescriptionInfrastructure Services Engineer
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll seek challenges with flexibility and patience, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.Why You'll Love This Job:
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets.
The Network Tools Management team (NTM), which is part of Network Hosting Services (NHS) is tasked with managing all aspects of DTCC's Network infrastructure. We provide timely and accurate alerts to the production support teams, customers and management.
The Infrastructure Services Engineer will work within a team to provide storage infrastructure services in support of DTCC's distributed platforms, operating systems and applications. This role is accountable for Fault, Performance and Configuration Management including reporting/alerting functions entire network infrastructure.What you’ll do:
- Ensure that the DTCC monitoring infrastructure is state of the art and utilizes industry standards. Evaluate and architect new monitoring solutions as required, working with both customers and vendors.
- Plan for production implementation without any disruption to customers or risk to DTCC’s production environment. Experience in a 24x7 global environment with knowledge of system high availability design and industry standard disaster recovery practices.
- Collaborates with global teams in fulfilling tasks/projects related to device maintenance, life cycle, high availability and vulnerability management.
- Provides comprehensive Technical support to business unit, IT management and staff at the highest level on all phases of the project development cycle.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective solution for the network monitoring.
- Performs analysis, system design, documentation, testing implementation and ongoing support to build monitoring solutions, fix monitoring problems and educate users on how to better supervise their systems
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; raises appropriately
- Advanced competency with any number of the below monitoring tools including but not limited to: Riverbed SteelCentral NPM suite (Profiler, NetIM, NetAuditor, AppResponse), Micro Focus Network Operations Management (NOM) suite (NNMi, NA), Gigamon (Network Visibility and Analytics)
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networking, UNIX/LINUX systems and monitoring protocols such as (SNMP, Syslog, Netflow, Sflow)
- Well-developed Unix scripting and interpreted language competencies in one of the following languages (Perl and/or Python)
- Certification in any of the listed tools a plus
- Must have experience with ITIL practices and industry standard Incident, Problem and Change Management practices.
- Advanced proficiencies around Cloud (AWS, Azure) and Agile delivery would be a plus
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC’s Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at [ Link removed ] or connect with us on [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ]
Forbes best employer for diversity