The job Lead Application Support Engineer (Java /JEE) has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Lead Application Support Engineer (Java /JEE) posted by DTCC
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You'll Love This Job:
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets.
Lead Application Support Engineer role will be responsible for Level 3 technical support and development of applications within the IT Solutions Delivery department for the Repository and Derivatives Services (RDS) area. As part of Level 3 application support team contribute into project initiatives for APAC, EMEA or US regions for our Global Trade Repository (GTR) and Securities Financing Transaction Regulation (SFTR) systems Highly technical position with an emphasis on providing expert consultative services to development teams. Contribute to technology-specific best practices & standards; contribute to success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; contribute expertise on significant application components, vendor products, program languages, databases, and operating systems; execute on the plan by building components, testing, configuring, tuning, and deploying solutions.
- Support DTCC applications by providing application and system support for DTCC‘s production application services client facing environments.
- Participate in new projects and ensure all deliverables like PTO, Controls etc. are in place for the application support
- Provide support handling any activity for any region within the local time zone coverage
- Identify and implement efficiencies and improvements to standard processes and procedures such as automation through scripting, programming, etc.
- Provide support for change management approval, execution for DTCC’s production application services
- Client support team engagement to assist with application related incidents, client testing and integrations
- Participate in daily code deploys while working on individual or team projects
- Translate business requirements into software designs and implementations
- Participate in thorough code reviews with a goal of illustrating quality engineering practices and to produce the highest quality code possible
- Build high quality and scalable / performant applications
- Understand requirements and translate them into specific Application and other EI tasks.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- 6+ years’ experience in application development and system analysis; thorough understanding of the middleware and message protocols
- Expert knowledge in Java/ JEE and coding best practices.
- Expert knowledge in development concepts. Good design and coding skills in Web Services, Spring, Soap/Rest APIs, and Java Script Frameworks for modern web applications.
- Good experience in working with Message Oriented Middleware technologies (IBM MQ, ActiveMQ, SOA, etc.) and other distributed technologies.
- Experience integrating with database technologies such as Oracle, MySql, etc.
- Keen for writing quality and self-validating code using unit tests and following TDD.
- Experience in developing and using AWS cloud stack (S3, SQS, Redshift, Lamda. etc.) is a big plus
- Is very comfortable in operating in a Unix environment and has experience with shell scripts.
- Capable to leverage DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Cloudbees, Git, etc.
- Has experience working in Agile Scrum and is a strong team player.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or related field
Education, Training &/or Certification:
- College Degree in Business Administration / IT preferred
- ITIL certification is a plus but not required
Who We Are:
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC’s Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at [ Link removed ] or connect with us on [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ]
Same Description for Internal and External