The job Lead Application Support Engineer has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Lead Application Support Engineer posted by DTCC
Job DescriptionLead Application Support Engineer, Senior Associate - Chennai About DTCC:
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.Why you'll love this job:
The Lead Application Support Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support of all the application. The role will be carrying out all aspects of the operating procedures/runbooks within a predefined shift pattern. This role is encouraged to work closely with the required development teams, our Enterprise Infrastructure partners and our internal business clients to resolve and advance technical support incidents where vitalYour Responsibilities
- Support DTCC applications by providing monitoring, application, and system support for DTCC‘s production application services client facing environments.
- Provide 24x7 support for event monitoring, incident triage and blocking issue
- Provide support to all jurisdictions on a shift basis, handling any activity for any region within the local time zone coverage
- Identify and implement efficiencies and improvements to standard processes and procedures such as automation through scripting, programming, etc.
- Contribute to projects by carrying out task work you're doing and ensuring permit-to-operate (PTO) guidelines are met.
- Provide support for organisational change approval, execution for DTCC’s production application services
- Client support team engagement to assist with application related incidents, client testing and integrations
- Disaster recovery test planning and execution - application environment review, shutdown, start, verification, fixing
- Access administration for application access to DTCC's production application services
- Support management of resources that are involved in maintaining the host operating system on UNIX, VMware and Windows servers as well as software subsystems such as databases, web server software, LDAP, and security subsystems.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to supervise and mitigate risk; calls out appropriately
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals.
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions.
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information optimally and expertly when working with others.
- Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas.
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in application production support role
- Knowledge of system administration – system configuration management, resource sharing, operating system fundamentals
- Experience with application support – basic programming skills, log reading and analysis
- Experience leading multiple platforms (Operating systems – UNIX, Linux, Windows, VMware)
- Experience in different technologies and applications:
- Networking and Storage technologies – TCP/IP, EMC, NetApp, HP, Cisco
- Database – Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL, DB2, Greenplum, Snowflake
- Middleware technologies – Websphere Application Server, Websphere MQ, Java, JRE, Nutanix
- Clustering technologies – Veritas, Red Hat, and VMWare vSphere
- Cloud Computing – AWS, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, Azure
- Programming and scripting – ability to establish automation, write scripts (Perl, Python, Chef, Puppet) or implement system solutions
- Ability to fix and resolve IT problems
- Customer service and communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.