The job Lead Application Support Engineer has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Lead Application Support Engineer posted by DTCC
Job DescriptionLead Application Support Engineer
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll be supported and surrounded by other experts as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day.Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements.
Lead Application Support responsible for providing technical support of all applications within the IT Solutions Delivery department for the Institutional Trade Processing (ITP) area. The role will be to contribute and lead project initiatives for ITP applications and services and to ensure all aspects of the operating procedures within a predefined shift pattern are followed. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team working on new technologies and innovative projects.Responsibilities:
- Support DTCC applications by providing monitoring, application, and system support for DTCC‘s production application services client facing environments.
- Provide 24x7 support for event monitoring, incident triage and escalation.
- Provide support to all jurisdictions on a shift basis, handling any activity for any region within the local time zone coverage.
- Identify and implement efficiencies and improvements to standard processes and procedures such as automation through scripting, programming, etc.
- Assist with key projects by executing task deliverables and ensuring permit-to-operate (PTO) guidelines are met.
- Provide support for change management approval, execution for DTCC’s production application services
- Client support team engagement to assist with application related incidents, client testing and integrations
- Disaster recovery test planning and execution - application environment review, shutdown, start, verification, troubleshooting
- Access's administration for application access to DTCC's production application services
- Support management of resources that are involved in maintaining the host operating system on UNIX, Vmware and Windows servers and/or software subsystems such as databases, web server software, LDAP, and security subsystems.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Minimum 6 years experience in application production support role
- Knowledge of system administration – system configuration management, resource sharing, operating system fundamentals
- Experience with application support – basic programming skills, log reading and analysis
- Experience balancing multiple platforms (Operating systems – UNIX, Linux, Windows, VMWare)
- Experience in different technologies and applications:
- Networking and Storage technologies – TCP/IP, EMC, NetApp, HP, Cisco
- Database – Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL, DB2, Greenplum, Snowflake
- Middleware technologies – WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ, Java, JRE, Nutanix
- Clustering technologies – Veritas, Red Hat, and VMWare vSphere
- Cloud Computing – AWS, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, Azure
- Programming and scripting – ability to establish automation, write scripts (Perl, Python, Chef, Puppet) or implement system solutions.
- Ability to fix and resolve IT problems.
- Customer service and communication skills.
DTCC is the heart of the post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From 21 locations all over the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, growing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. In 2020, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $2.3 quadrillion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.