The job Lead Test Engineer has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Lead Test Engineer posted by DTCC
Lead Automation Test Engineer
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll seek challenges with flexibility and patience, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You Love This Job:
You will be the member of Enterprise Test Engineering Infrastructure Test team, DTCC’s entity responsible to provide centralized, independent quality assurance services to DTCC’s Applications Development (AD) organization and the core applications AD supports, with the objective of reducing operational costs and improving applications stability.
As Automation Lead Test Engineer, you will provide testing expertise, testing oversight and direction for multiple projects. You will be responsible for design, development and maintenance of automated test solutions. You will be proficient in Java as well as modern testing tools (e.g. Selenium, TestNG, Rest Assured, etc.), and should be able to write and support automated testing solutions for multi-tiered applications. Successful execution of this role will combine fluency in test automation frameworks, attention to detail, analytical skills, and understanding of business processes and unwavering dedication to software quality. This position requires the ability to write automated testing solutions using tools such as: Chef-InSpec, shell scripts, Java, Python/Ruby, Jenkins Groovy and a host of monitoring tools. This position requires in-depth knowledge of the software implementation lifecycle, leadership skills and the ability to work well with both business clients and developers.
- Develop automation test Strategy/approach, build/maintain, and execute automated test scripts using Selenium TESTNG/Cucumber and integrate Selenium scripts with Jenkins.
- Develop, Build, Maintain API automation scripts using REST ASSURED and execute them in Jenkins
- Extend the framework’s capabilities by developing end-to-end automated test in Java, JS, Selenium to validate system functionality
- Develop end-to-end automated tests in Jenkins, Integrate automated tests with CI/CD pipeline
- Be a key technical player in contributing the architecture evolution of Infrastructure Test Automation Frameworks and related capabilities.
- Partner with project stakeholders to ensure effective planning and requirements definition.
- Achieve deliverables through both leading teams and independent work.
- Active participation in all phases of the project lifecycle. Work with project stakeholders during project definition to help the team understand risks, dependencies, and opportunities; participate in requirements definition and review; lend subject matter expertise to projects.
- Design and develop test cases using traditional test design techniques based on Stories/Epics or functional requirements
- Support overall QA activities such as development of Test Approach, Test Cases, and manual test execution as needed.
- Work closely with application development and other technical teams to understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of test scripts.
- Work with technical resources to discuss and solve issues.
- Work with business resources to understand purpose and concept for software features.
- Coordinate multiple projects and guides project team members with internal and external interfaces, particularly for more complex testing situations.
- Ensure on-time delivery of work including monitoring of external and internal dependencies, tracking of progress, and monitoring of project milestones
- Ensure all development lifecycle quality assurance for the work of other team members, including the review of high-level designs, detail designs, and test plans and results, is completed according to standards
Talents Needed for Success:
- 7+ years of IT experience with proven expertise in Test Automation, CICD Pipeline Executions, running Regression Suites in Jenkins.
- Must have Hands-on experience in Development or Test Automation Framework implementations in Enterprise/Internet commercial software environments with a minimum 5+ years of Java Development/Programming experience.
- Must have minimum 4+ years hands on experience in open-source tools such as Selenium, TestNG/Junit etc.
- Experience in programming languages, such as Python, Groovy.
- Experience testing and deploying in cloud environments such as AWS or Azure a plus.
- Experience working with Agile development teams
- Sophisticated java / Selenium development skills with significant experience applying those skills in test environments.
- Knowledge of Terraform and/or chef is desirable
- API testing, Cloud Experience is a must.
- Deep knowledge of automation at all software layers (e.g. UI, services, APIs, etc.) as well as CI/CD technologies (e.g. CloudBees, Jenkins, Cucumber, Git, JUnit, Jira, etc.).
- Basic to advanced database skills
- Maintain requirements, Test Cases and Test Execution in Microfocus ALM.
- Tracking stories and defects via JIRA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.