The job Lead Infrastructure Services Engineer has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Lead Infrastructure Services Engineer posted by DTCC
Lead Infrastructure Services Engineer
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You'll Love This Job:
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets.
Platform Engineering provides DTCC Businesses with innovative and reliable infrastructure services, leveraging the global and diverse expertise of our workforce to reduce risk and improve the efficiency, performance, stability, security, and quality of our platforms.
The Lead Infrastructure Services Engineer will own the responsibility of maintaining, deploying and tuning virtual environment. The role will also mentor junior engineers on all aspects of virtualization with cross training and knowledge transfer. In addition, this role will require good documentation skill as you will be responsible for maintaining and create documents to share with the L1 team and create policy documents.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor, maintain, and measure performance metrics to maintain and improve virtual environment stability and resiliency.
- Provides general oversight of assigned projects. May serve in the role of project lead, assuming responsibility for oversight of most or all aspects of a project. Undertakes research and/or evaluation projects as assigned, providing formal documentation of findings and conclusions according to established departmental standards.
- Extensive interfacing, collaboration, and coordination of efforts with vendors and other departments in the company.
- Implementation of system upgrades and modifications, including planning, testing, scheduling and coordination. Ensures that change management and defined security procedures for all assigned systems are executed in accordance with client policies and procedures.
- Minimizes client service interruptions through early identification and resolution of problems. Analyzes monitoring and maintenance data and implements changes as required to achieve optimum performance.
- Proactively identify trends, determine incident root causes, and manage adverse events from identification to resolution
- Perform research, analysis, system design, documentation, testing implementation and on-going support for the end user workspace environment.
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior
- Maintain and perform tuning on Vblock, UCS, and Nutanix HCI Platform
- Direct Data Center technicians remotely on hardware upgrades and maintenance
- Provide emergency support for malfunctioning system
Talents Needed For Success:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in VMware technologies
- 3 + Years of experience with implementing, deploying, and supporting infrastructure
- Experience with VMware 6.x, SRM, NSX, VRA, VRO, and VCM
- Knowledge of PowerShell and PowerCLI scripting
- Strong project management skills
- Self-starter, independent worker and team player
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Knowledge and expertise in disaster recovery exercises
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including: DNS, TCP/IP, Routing protocols
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of VBlock, UCS, Nutanix HCI solutions
Who We Are:
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC’s Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at [ Link removed ] or connect with us on [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ]