The job Lead Software Engineer (PLSQL /DWH/Bigdata) has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Lead Software Engineer (PLSQL /DWH/Bigdata) posted by DTCC
Lead Software Engineer , Senior Associate
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll seek challenges with flexibility and persistence, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You Would Love This Job:
The Information Technology (IT) group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The Repository and Derivatives Services (RDS) Data Office and Architecture group within the IT Solutions Delivery organization is a cross-functional organization that defines and executes on the RDS Data Strategy while providing Product Management, stewardship, and application development expertise across all types of RDS data.
The RDS Data Office and Architecture group delivers data-oriented solutions that respond to the business needs with quality, efficiency, and perfection, using innovative technologies and providing secure information management.
The Lead Software Engineer applies specific technical knowledge in order to assist in the design and construction of critical systems. The Lead works as part of a project team and may interact with the business, Functional Architects, and subject matter experts on related systems and give to the design of components or individual programs and participates fully in the construction and testing.
- Identify and prioritize business use cases. Understand the business, strategy, data sets and work with stakeholders to develop reusable data models, dashboards, or other data assets.
- Understand the broad uses of data within the organization and create solutions that improve the efficiency of data users.
- End-to-end data architectural expertise for defining and refining RDS data architecture for OLTP, data warehousing and business intelligence solutions.
- Technology Expertise – be an authority on one or more of programming languages, vendor products, DTCC applications, data structures, business lines. Focus on database technologies such as Oracle and Snowflake.
- Programming and optimizing database objects including, Tables, Views, Stored Procs, Functions.
- Programming and operationalizing PERL, Python, and Shell scripts to run various processes / jobs and program executions.
- Providing subject-matter expertise (level 3) support to multiple production applications to support environments and prioritize any operational issues/incidents.
- Supporting multiple production application releases and maintenance windows during off-peak work hours.
- Platforms – works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments
- Data Modeling – Develop data models for implementation across RDS Trade Repositories.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to supervise and mitigate risk; raises appropriately
Talents Needed For Success:
- Deep expertise in data management, data architecture, metadata management, data integration, data governance, data modeling (conceptual, logical, and physical), data transport, data quality, and master data management
- Strong understanding of agile development methodologies
- Proven expertise in scripting languages such as, PERL, Python, and Shell
- Excellent understanding of distributed and cloud-based data technologies and analytics tools. Specific knowledge of SQL, Oracle, Snowflake, Splunk, PowerBI, and Collibra a plus.
- Experience with database-specific CICD tools, such as Liquibase
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and architecture marketplace
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
Who We Are:
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the outstanding post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, growing willingness and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC’s Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at [ Link removed ] or connect with us on [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ]
We believe in work-life Balance
Excellent Pay /Incentives
24 days Earned leaves
5 Day per week schedule and other Excellent health Benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job function