Lead Software Engineer
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life
Why You Love This Job:
Being a member of the CDS and CDTS Web, as part of Enterprise Messaging & Platform Foundation Services group provides internal user interface support for common services from external clients to the DTCC back-end for multiple lines of business. In addition, CDS supports the delivery of files across multiple platforms internally and externally to Amazon Web Service.
You will collaborate with your peers within and outside your area to ensure that any best practices/approaches/standards are reused. You would be part of an Agile squad and will collaborate with the Product Owner (PO) to understand the business needs and participate in planning, definition, and high-level technical design with the development team. You will collaborate with your peers within and outside your area to ensure that any best practices/approaches/standards are reused and designing elegantly and robustly.
• The Lead SE will contribute to the design of components or individual programs and participates fully in the construction and testing.
• Research and apply specific technical knowledge in order to assist in the design and construction of critical systems.
• Working with the Senior Application Architect, and other technical contributors at all levels. This position contributes expertise to project teams through all phases, including post-deployment support. This means researching specific technologies, and applications, and contributing to the solution design, supporting development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support.
• The Lead SE works as part of an AD project team and may interact with the business, Functional Architects, and subject matter experts on related systems.
• The SSE will contribute to the design of components or individual programs and participates fully in the construction and testing.
Talents Needed For Success:
• 8+ years’ experience in application development
• Bachelor's degree preferred with master’s or equivalent experience.
• Have an advanced knowledge Java (1.7 and 1.8).
• Must be familiar with API & Java script.
• Knowledge and experience with AWS services.
• Must be familiar Oracle or any relational SQL, REDIS
• Frameworks – that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
• Spring MVC and other Spring modules, Struts 1.x (struts latest which is 2.0 is not required).
• Must have basic knowledge of Angular/React
• Must have an exposure to IBM Mainframe and be familiar with DB2 and CICS.
• Must have an understanding and exposure to Maven, Git, Bitbucket
• System Performance – contributes to solutions that satisfy performance requirements; constructs test cases and strategies that account for performance requirements; tunes application performance issues.
• Documentation – develops and maintains system documentation.
• Must be familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban).
• Familiar with Deployment Tools: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
Who We Are:
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC’s Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at [ Link removed ] or connect with us on [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ]