The job Lead Software Engineer has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Lead Software Engineer posted by DTCC
Job DescriptionLead Software Engineer , Senior Associate - Chennai About DTCC:
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.Why you'll love this job:
In this role would be responsible to contribute towards new project implementations related to building of a modern data platform that is the backbone for all systems and applications at DTCC. There is also significant opportunity for advancement and growth in this role based on your performance and contribution towards the organization goals.Your Responsibilities
- Technology Selection – assists in technology selection decisions; manages technology risk for the project team
- Perform business and technical presentations in relation to technology platforms and solutions addressing the business problems
- Platforms – works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments. Will define scalability and performance criteria for the product
- Environments – work with Infrastructure partners to choose efficient hosting environment
- Requirements Elaboration – works with the Functional Architect to ensure that non-functional requirements are complete and appropriate
- Data Modeling – ensures physical data model supports the performance, privacy and security requirements
- Crafts Frameworks – that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
- System Performance – proposes solutions that satisfy performance requirements; ensures test strategy validates performance requirements; tunes application performance issues
- Security – understands corporate info. security standards; ensures test plans validate security requirements
- Standards – recommends and promotes technical solutions that are consistent with corporate standards
- Documentation – develops and maintains system documentation
- Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban) and leads team in process best practices of chosen methodology
- Helps to develop solutions that balance cost, schedule, and requirements
- Helps roll out standards and policies to other team members
- Supports team in managing client expectations and resolving issues on time
- Engages in activities to support the broader organization
- Incorporates business and financial factors into decision making and supports team members in doing the same
- Ensures own and team’s practices support success across all geographic locations
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and supervising controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Full Stack developer/lead with proficiency in the following technologies.
- Java and related technologies Java, J2EE, Spring (Boot, Core, MVC, JDBC, Security), JUnit, Hibernate.
- REST APIs, Swagger
- JEE Application servers Tomcat, Websphere,JBOSS.
- DevOps tools like Maven, Jenkins, nexus, fortify, Cobertura, Containers, etc.
- Design and development of RDBMS systems using Oracle 12C with strong SQL, PL/SQL skills.
- Solid Understanding of Unix/Linux OS including shell scripting, perl and/or python
- Familiarity with reporting tools like Crystal Reports will be a plus.
- Familiarity with container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift will be a plus.
- Solid understanding of Agile, CI/CD, Dev/Ops practices and tools.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in working with a geographically separated (onshore + offshore) team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.