A national Procurement Manager, Field Operations, India will assist in the planning, organization, direction, and control of the purchasing and supply management functions for India. Ensuring that the established level of quality products and services are purchased at the lowest total cost while adhering to Hilton brand standards and operating procedures. To support new openings of hotels as required..
What will I be doing?
As Procurement Manager, Field Operations, India, specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Perform spend analysis, develop procurement strategy for the area and obtain stakeholder buy-in.
- Set up and lead new cluster or national programs, renegotiate existing programs with suppliers or manufacturers, utilize cross-functional teams whenever applicable.
- Manage and implement regional or global procurement programs to ensure that these programs have an operational, legal, financial and relevance.
- Support hotel based purchasing and supply team members to ensure the effective operation of all aspects of the purchasing and supply department, inclusive of the ordering process, receiving function and the distribution of materials within the hotel and storing. Perform periodic operational reviews of the purchasing function upon request of hotel management.
- Assist Procure-to-Pay systems implementation and standardization.
- Execute the field procurement related Corporate Social Responsibility priorities and commitments.
- Effectively manage supplier contracts and product data, inclusive of catalogue content, product specifications, photographs and descriptions, pricing and file retention.
- Approve all changes to existing contracted items, new and/or deleted items, inclusive of pricing verification and amendments.
- Maintain confidential supplier files and databases including order logs, requisitions, purchase orders, pricing, certificate of product liability insurance and general supplier contracts.
- Assist corporate departments in identifying hotels that are not following established purchasing and supply programs and/or specifications. Coordinate, conduct and participate in meetings and discussions between suppliers and/or supplier representatives and corporate staff concerning subjects other than normal price, delivery or quality negotiations (i.e., value analysis or engineering, new methods, techniques and processes).
- Research departmental inquiries on product availability, pricing, specifications and product usage requirements and/or recommendations. Communicate the above information to hotel purchasing and supply staff and other hotel departments on a regular basis.
- Provide pre-opening support to new hotels in specified geographical areas to ensure that Brand Standards are met and that hotels may participate in Supply Management programs as required.
- Travel of up to 40% is required for the role.
- Develop and execute a national GPO strategy, prospect third party hotels and build successful business relationship
A Procurement Manager, Field Operations, India serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum 4 years procurement or supply chain experience in a management role, ideally in a hospitality environment, or significant hospitality management experience in lieu of.
- Strong knowledge food, beverage and operating supply products.
- Experience in clustering purchasing across multiple sites
- Experience of understanding, auditing, developing and implementing purchasing procedures.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficiently to read quotations, analyze bids, write instructions for bidders and communicate with co-workers, staff and suppliers. Fluency in an additional Asian language (e.g. Hindi) is desirable.
- Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct employees, coach, train and discipline, as necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and communicative skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage time effectively
- Must have excellent written and spoken communications skills, a high EQ and the ability to form strong relationships across al levels of the business, and in particular with hotel GMs and their teams.
- Excellent numeracy and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its Apply Now >>. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!