Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
To be the key lead in leadership & learning and development initiatives for owned/managed hotels for the India region and support the Director of Talent and Leadership Development APAC, resulting in improvement in key hotel metrics. This position is also concerned with the coordination, monitoring and continual improvement of all talent management activities such as supporting regional, functional and hotel talent reviews and succession planning. It is also responsible for supporting and keeping all GMs/HRDs and L&D Managers within the region up to date. This role analyses and focuses on India talent/learning metrics and data and advises key stakeholders on relevant suggestions / conclusions.
What will I be doing?
As a Manager, Talent & Leadership Development- India role, you will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
Talent Management & Succession Planning (30%)
- Analyses and understands the business and talent challenges of India so as to come up with a viable talent and leadership strategy and action plans
- Partners with VP HR, Regional Ops Leaders, Regional Specialists, and GMs to assess priorities for learning, leadership development and talent management activities for the India region.
- Assist with the talent review process on key India talent with the VP HR
- Supports the diversity and inclusion agenda via Talent Reviews and through core leadership programs
- Ensures career development and succession planning activities take place in India region and tracks high potential talent in the region and facilitate career moves
- Strategizes with Director of Talent & Leadership APAC for the best approach for performance improvement based on individual hotel needs, support & drive leadership development at hotel/regional level
- Identifies opportunities to address talent gaps and proactively builds successors for key hotels in the region.
Leadership Development & Delivery (40%)
- Acts as a true talent and leadership consultant to the business (both corporate and hotels), offering solutions that extend beyond just programmes and training
- Is aware of the latest in leadership development in the market and shares relevant ideas that are globally-aligned
- Delivers and manages all Hilton leadership development programs and coordinates functional development programs
- Designs the yearly L&D Plan and calendar for the India region based on business priorities and learning needs
- Facilitates learning events (in person or via virtual solutions)
- Supports diversity and inclusion via gender participation targets.
- Follows up with participants of global/APAC development programs after they finish their programs to help ensure career progress is taking place and ensure program goals are reached.
- Monitoring the career development of high potential employees, fast track and functional development candidates such as Shine participants, MTs, Aspire, etc.
- Coaches and develops property level L&D Managers, Heads of Department, 4D and GMs as needed
- Conceptualises or suggests relevant, value-adding workshops and learning sessions in the regional GM meetings
- Assists in the continuous improvement of development programmes and materials, continue to evaluate and link to global approach
Tracking and Communicating activities (20%)
- Takes on a role in analysing the talent data metrics
- Gives guidance on talent metrics to be measured. Collaborates with the APAC Talent Team to identify regional talent conclusions
- Keeps track of program talent pools
- Supports in suggestions for communication across India to Training and HR Directors/Managers.
- Communicates information consistently to key customers, including VP HR, Regional Ops Leaders and GMs through meetings, conference calls and presentations
Administration activities (10%)
- Completes monthly reports
- Tracks, maintains and updates all talent data of the region
- Manage the corporate learning system (Hilton University) to ensure proper tracking of participants
This position requires some travel within INDIA with occasional APAC travel.
This Position will be on 1 year Fixed Term Contract.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
What are we looking for?
Supports the VP HR in achieving the HR strategic goals for the region.
Actively drives our Team member value proposition and Thrive @ Hilton initiatives.
Supports the development of the local HR and training community
Collaborates with Brand support, Global Talent, Global delivery and L&D teams
Work on special projects as identified by senior management
Utilizes results from SALT, Revinate, QA reports & GTMS, etc. and when necessary recommends and ensures implementation of action plans in order to improve results related to talent and leadership learning;
When needed, supports or arranges to support the Training Manager/Coordinators in preparing their annual training needs analysis, training plans, achieving their training objectives
Keeps updated with the latest trends and developments related to learning, development and talent management field
A Manager, Talent & Leadership Development- India serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Have excellent communication skills in English
- Have excellent stakeholder management skills
- Have strong, analytical, consulting and advisory skills with a creative mindset to come up with credible solutions
- Must be able to influence and be a credible partner to VP HR, Regional Ops Leaders, GMs and HRDs. Able to deal with senior level managers whilst exploring sensitive or controversial issues
- Ability to work independently but is yet an excellent team player
- Have attention to detail with flawless execution
- Able to travel to hotels and stay overnight to attend and conduct presentations and learning events
- Possess strong written communication skills to produce professional learning events, accessible for all levels of the organization. The ability to communicate via info graphics and ability to make business communication look attractive to read.
- Possess strong facilitation skills, both face to face and in webex/ on line.
- Have strong customer service orientation to support all external and internal customers.
- Prior experience in a corporate role is a strong advantage
- Be embracing of change and able to facilitate it
- Be able to regularly follow up on talent & leadership activities and adjust actions accordingly.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Minimum of three years of training/facilitation/talent management experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its Apply Now >>. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!