The job Product Owner has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Product Owner posted by DTCC
Job DescriptionAbout DTCC:
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.Why you'll love this job:
The Product Owner is responsible for translating the product vision into squad deliverables to achieve the product strategy, aligned with improving value to the client. This is done through managing scope and product backlog in collaboration with the squad, Product Manager, clients (internal/external) and key stakeholders.Your Responsibilities
Translates the product vision and the roadmap into squad deliverables and release plansManages the squad’s backlog:
- Builds and refines the backlog of user stories with the squad to provide the right level of detail at the right time to achieve definition of ready (preparation for development)
- Accepts or rejects backlog items, according to acceptance criteria, during the sprint
- Seeks feedback from collaborators and clients and incorporates into future backlog items
- Brings the voice of the client (external/internal) into the squad
- Cultivates relationships with the Tribe Lead and key stakeholders to identify issues, risks, and dependencies, and maintain alignment to achieve product strategy
- Incorporates and prioritizes technical work, as required, to deliver on release objectives
- Improves product value by evaluating implementation alternatives and considering impact of changing scope on budget and estimates
- Attends and participates in all squad meetings (example. sprint and release events)
Inclusive Leadership: Values individuals and embraces diversity by integrating differences and promoting diversity and inclusion across teams and functions.
Coaching: Understands and anticipates people's needs, skills, and abilities, in order to coach, motivate and empower them for success.
Feedback: Seeks feedback from others, provides feedback to others in support of their development, and is open and honest while dealing constructively with criticism.
Delegating: Effectively manages tasks and people, taking a practical approach to determine the most effective method of execution while respecting others’ expertise and considering others’ feelings and working styles.Qualifications
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Exhibits solid understanding of Agile Software Development (primarily Scrum and Kanban) principles and techniques.
- Understands and uses applicable work management tools (i.e. JIRA) for decision making and collaboration.
- Drives creative and solution-oriented activity with all participants and partners
- Knowledge of financial services operations, in particular Post Trade Processing, trends and user demands
- Completes the Product Vision and effectively translates into Product Roadmap and Backlog items to deliver the highest value
- Comfortable communicating with all collaborators (technology, clients, finance, integration, sales, ops) to engage in discussion, create user stories, and consistently deliver the right products and solutions
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), problem solving skills, organization skills, and attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.