Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We’re an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you’re excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we’re excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
Role: Product Specialist
Location: Chennai / Hyderabad
Shift timing: UK & US (2 PM, 6:30 PM and 9:30 PM)
The Product Specialist, acting as a subject matter expert, provides secondary support for customer queries on Clarivate Analytics products within the assigned area(s) of expertise. The core responsibility is to support customers with complex queries or issues that cannot be handled by front line support colleagues or that have been escalated by business stakeholders. To achieve this goal, the position requires domain knowledge, a solid understanding of Clarivate Analytics content and products, market trends and of our customers’ workflow as well as a passion for customer advocacy and service. We will also engage this team to better support our largest global account, and to assist with any retention or risk mitigation situations.
- Provide support to customers with complex queries or issues. Leverage expertise to prioritize, resolve and respond to customer enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Lead on any calls with customers where expert support is required for queries pertaining to product content or the application functionality.
- Build internal relationships and work effectively cross-functionally. Act as customer advocate to drive issue resolution and contribute to product enhancements and development.
- Test and report technical issues, follow-up and verify solutions and report out through various channels to the relevant stakeholders.
- Review solutions being handled by other support teams and provide feedback and training.
- Contribute to internal and external knowledge base. Act as the editor/publisher for the knowledge base for content within the assigned area(s).
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about products and new product releases through participation in product development and go-to-market launch activities and collaboration with other internal groups.
- Take responsibility for identifying training and developmental needs for themselves and wider customer support team for product, technical, industry knowledge and customer skills.
- Look for opportunities leveraging product expertise and knowledge of our customers to strengthen usage and lead development programs.
- Participate in team initiatives and make suggestions for continued improvement.
- Assist with retention efforts and any proactive outreach best practices to clients as-risk and/or our top global account by business unit.
Build customer relationships and contribute to VOC:
- Manage practices, processes and workflows to effectively deliver on service commitments.
- Produce effective customer and cross-organization communications.
- Represent VOC in product development cycle. Capture insight into customers business and the context in which they use our products through customer interactions and visits.
- Run adhoc reports on product utilization, case trends and product usage, as well as for key customers, to analyze issues and trends and provide insight on our customers and our performance.
Skills and Experience:
- Domain knowledge: business experience in Science & Scholarly Research or Life Sciences or Intellectual Property and/or background in general scientific discipline or Life Sciences or as a reference attorney. Preference will be given to candidates with more than 5 years of business experience working directly with customers or with advanced degrees.
- Good understanding of Clarivate Analytic products and the markets for the assigned area(s).
- Proven experience in customer support within the corporate environment, including experience in case management systems.
- Knowledge of web product delivery, architecture, software and middleware applications, electronic product delivery systems, computers, network operating systems, network architecture, and infrastructure are an asset.
- Knowledge of database searching and analysis functions.
- Knowledge of relevant content areas; i.e. drug development processes, biology, patent or scientific literature.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both small and large groups and to handle questions both verbally and in writing, using most effective channel including phone, email, chat and other online tools.
- Ability to identify, isolate and communicate problems with all levels of customers and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Additional language skills are a plus.
- Ability to communicate with poise and confidence with clients working through complex issues.
- Ability to develop knowledge and share with others.
- Excellent presentation/training skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple tasks while maintaining the sense of urgency.
- Good project management skills.
- Is a team player.
- Positive attitude and deep customer service orientation.
- Ability to think strategically and embrace change.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.