The job Quantitative Analyst has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Quantitative Analyst posted by DTCC
Job DescriptionQuantitative Analyst, Senior Associate - Chennai About DTCC:
With over 50 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.Why you'll love this job:
Our Risk Management teams work to protect the safety and soundness of our systems and are responsible for identifying, managing, measuring and mitigating a spectrum of key risk types including credit, market, liquidity, systemic, operational and technology in all existing and new products, activities, processes and systems.
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join the Quantitative Risk Management group, which is responsible for model development, model performance monitoring (MPM) and Backtesting (BT). The Senior Associate will work on supervising the performance of existing models and assist in improving the MPM program across all CCPs and DTC.Your Responsibilities
- Perform MPM and work on its improvement.
- Work closely with model owners, back testing team and MPM team to proactively supervise the performance of current models, maintain and improve the existing monitoring reports, assist in crafting the model performance monitoring process as the new models get approved, identify and bring up model performance issues in a timely manner and provide suggestions and solutions to improve a model’s performance.
- Perform ad hoc model performance analysis.
- Be accountable for the MPM program. Review the numbers that are used for generating management and regulatory reports.
- Feedback: Seeks feedback from others, provides feedback to others in support of their development, and is open and honest while dealing constructively with criticism.
- Delegating: Effectively manages tasks and people, taking a practical approach to determine the most effective method of execution while respecting others’ expertise and considering others’ feelings and working styles.
- Inclusive Leadership: Values individuals and embraces diversity by integrating differences and promoting diversity and inclusion across teams and functions.
- Team Building: Builds teams by quickly establishing relationships and drives a team identity and shared purpose based on diversity of thought, skills and personalities.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relative experience, ideally in risk analytics, model validation, model performance monitoring or front office quantitative modeling.
- Prior experience on quantitative modeling is preferred and the candidate should have a general knowledge about the financial market, products, risk metrics and VaR modeling /back testing approaches.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as SQL, Python, R, SAS, Access, VBA, etc. Knowing C++ is a plus.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and should be able to work in an efficient and organized way, both independently and under pressure.
- Motivated and have a sense of accountability and ownership. Proactively think of solutions and resolve problems.
- Ideally the incumbent should be familiar with the regulatory requirements in terms of model risk management (SR11-7, etc.)
- A Ph.D. or a Master’s degree in quantitative finance, economics, or other quantitative fields. A Ph.D. is preferred.
We believe in work-life Balance
Excellent Pay /Incentives24 days Earned leaves
5 Day per week schedule and other Excellent health Benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.