Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We’re an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you’re excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we’re excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
Role: Reporting & Metrics Analyst
Experience: 2 - 5 years
Location: Chennai / Hyderabad
Technical Skills: Must have excellent Excel skills, MS Access. Good to have knowledge/ experience in SQL, Oracle databases, Python, Jobscript
Good to have knowledge on Spotfire, Power BI, Tableau, Clickview
Role Purpose: The Content group is at the heart of Clarivate Analytics, creating world leading content mainly for the Web of Science, Derwent Innovation and Cortellis products. The tracking and control of processes is of paramount importance to the smooth running of the content function. The Report Systems Analyst would:
- Support the reporting function in content, assisting in large projects and personally developing low to medium level projects independently of the group
- Provide assistance and direction on specific reporting projects to internal Business Sponsors, teams or product management groups in order to: assist in understanding the reporting requirements for a given product, or process, or system and collection/analysis of that data to that end
- Review basic product needs, instructions, regulations and generate metric or reporting systems for low to medium level projects; document requirements and assists in communicating with internal stakeholders
- Undertakes testing and/ or User Acceptance testing and technical implementation where applicable with guidance from the customer (internal/external).
- Develops an understanding of customer and/or product needs in the context of internal and external requirements for solution development
- Support the on-going people metrics for headcount and attrition processes, with a view to expanding scope and integrating with other parts the reporting paradigm. Working with the wider content group to integrate this into day-to-day business practices
- Assist in the elicitation and documentation of business requirements in respect to the reporting and metrics systems of content.
- Outline / execute improvements and revisions for low complexity or standard reports and metrics with guidance from more experienced colleagues.
- Translate basic or low complexity business requirements into technical solutions
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Use a structured requirement process to assess near-term needs.
- Adhere to metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Liaise between business, technology and enablement teams to ensure change management and communication of change to team is done in a systematic way for low complexity projects
- Implement improvements to reporting as directed by management.
- Develop a basic-to-intermediate awareness and understanding of Clarivate Analytics technologies, products, and services, including a basic understanding of how technical solutions impact the business.
- Take on other responsibilities as and when required within the content group
Scope & Impact:
- Perform work for a team within a product engaging in less complex business processes within a project context to gather and specify business requirements and/or develop metric systems
- Work with project team members for projects of medium to large scope and moderate to high complexity, or sub-projects within a large or highly complex project with technical and managerial direction.
- Is accountable for the quality of own work, delivered within agreed procedures and timeframes and focused on internal and/or external customer needs.
- Quality of work is regularly reviewed by more senior colleagues and/or manager to ensure it is delivered within agreed procedures and timeframes and focused on internal and/or external customer needs.
- Able to work independently within defined parameters, taking ownership of problems within own area of knowledge, escalating as appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill:
- Intermediate working knowledge of data visualization tools (including Tibco Spotfire) or similar
- Intermediate skills in SharePoint development or a similar software equivalent
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Understands performance requirements
- Basic understanding of requirements management best practice and ensures these practices are used.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced analysis skills
- Basic ability to facilitate meetings and other business needs
- Work with other levels of team members (Senior, Lead, and Manager) and enablement staff
- Development leads (e.g. Managers, Project Managers, Project Leaders, Technical Leads)
- May provides customer support to end users
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.