The job Scrum Master has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Scrum Master posted by DTCC
Job DescriptionAbout this Opportunity
The Scrum Master applies a broad technical knowledge of the Agile methodology in order to manage the scrum process with geographically dispersed teams to deliver exceptional standards in product quality and timely, predictable delivery of projects. This involves guiding the scrum team on how to use Agile practices and removing impediments for the scrum team. The Scrum Master organizes and facilitates the sprint planning meeting, arranges daily stand-up meetings, schedules demos, conducts retrospective meetings and facilitates the decision-making process. This position requires working closely with product owners to groom the product backlog to ensure it is ready for the next sprint. The Scrum Master tends to cross functional coordination and communication, requirements traceability, release management, test case management, and defect tracking concerns to keep delivery on track.Area, Team & Position Summary
The Cybersecurity Services (CS) domain within Information Technology is focused on protecting DTCC from cybersecurity risks through world class cyber risk management, talent and governance practices. Cybersecurity Governance area supports CS’s strategic goals as first line of defense through development and adherence to cyber risk management practices, driving work streams to enable compliance and enact proactive measures to sustain a strong security posture that protects DTCC.
This position will report into the functional manager responsible for Scrum Masters and aligned to work on the Cybersecurity for Security Information Event Management (SIEM) squad and will be responsible for the day-to-day facilitating and implementing of the SIEM roadmap. SIEM includes security logging and monitoring, logging platforms, database activity monitoring, behavior analytics, security orchestration (SOAR), intrusion detection/prevention systems, and incident response capabilities.
- Be the Scrum Master for SIEM Agile squad
- Facilitates daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings as part of an Agile squad
- Be an Agile Coach to squad team members through effective approach to support them in the team’s goals
- Ability to ensure the correct use of scrum processes
- Ability to shield team from outside distractions and interferences
- Drives maturity of security mindset by proactively identifying meaningful issues and control gaps in current processes; influencing behavior change within the organization and contributing to the building a stronger security-focused culture
Leadership Competencies for this level include
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals.
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions.
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others.
- Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas.
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Specific Skills & Technologies
- Has strong communication skills and the ability to present in front of large audiences
- Experience in Agile methodology, with Scrum Master experience. Scrum Master certification is required
- Experience in Information Technology projects is required and experience in Information Security experience in SIEM is preferred
- Familiarity with generic engineering practices as in CI (Continuous Integration)/CD (Continuous Delivery), TDD (Test Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development), DevOps, DevSecOps etc.
- Basic knowledge on any information security standards (ISO27K, PCI, NIST, OWSAP 10,GDPR, HIPAA etc…)
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.