Lead Performance Engineer – Senior Associate
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You Love This Job:
Being a member of The Enterprise Test Engineering is DTCC’s entity responsible to provide centralized, independent quality assurance services to DTCC’s Applications Development(AD) organization and the core applications AD supports, with the objective of reducing operational costs and improving applications stability.DTCC’s Enterprise Test Engineering team oversees the functional and non-functional testing for products, services, and applications at DTCC through the ETE Architecture & Enablement, ETE Enterprise Services, ETE Solutions and Middleware, ETE Clearing & Risk and ETE Depository & Collateral Mgmt. Areas.
In our dynamic and collaborative environment, providing a best-in-class experience for all stakeholders is challenging. That is where you come in as a strong generalist software engineer, an analyst with a passion for squeezing every ounce of performance out of code, who will build tools, evaluate designs and work hand-in-hand with other developers and testers to help create best-in-class distributed, high performance, scalable, business-critical applications.
• Automates performance testing, designs production simulations, and develops test harnesses and data generators
• Performance testing, analysis and tuning.
• Understands functional and non-functional requirements.
• Participates in knowledge sharing activities with other team members.
• Designs, develops and reviews Test Scenarios and workload characteristics.
• Assists in ensuring that the performance test environment is similar to production in terms of infrastructure, application code, configuration, volume and distribution of data; identifies delta between production and test environments.
• Provides support throughout all stages of test development and execution.
• Monitors application logs and coordinates troubleshooting Infrastructure and application issues.
• Develops, maintains and documents load simulators for performance testing of n-tiered applications
• Works with technical staff to monitor resources during tests to determine the impact of load on the infrastructure.
• Provides defect tracking and reporting, analysis and troubleshooting.
• Create documents and diagrams for all phases of Performance Testing (i.e. Test Approach, Post Test Report etc...)
• Maintains well organized records of test results and records historical analysis of test results.
• Ensures adherence to quality standards during the performance testing of production applications, identifies areas of strengths and weakness.
• Ensures on-time delivery of work including monitoring of external and internal dependencies, ensuring all activity is accurately recorded and reported.
Talents Needed For Success:
• 8+ years of software engineering or application development experience •
• Minimum of 6 years of experience working in Linux and Unix environments
• Proven ability to develop test strategies, test plans and test approaches
• Experience with multi-technology end-to-end testing (distributed and mainframe systems)
• Experience writing and/or designing custom tools for performance testing and analysis
• Experience with developing software/tools using any of the technologies: Mainframe, Java/J2EE, JS/HTML supporting various protocols such as MQ, FIX, Rest API and Custom API
• Understanding of RESTful web service, JSON, and XML
• Proficient in infrastructure architectural concepts and familiar with performance monitoring and measurement
• Financial Industry experience is a plus
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline implementation, including testing, using Jenkins or similar tool
• Experience with commercial tools is a plus (e.g., LoadRunner, Silk Performer, Dynatrace, TeamQuest, etc.)
• Expertise in LINUX/UNIX, shell scripting.
• Experience with source code management, e.g. Bitbucket, Github or similar
• Experience in working with load testing tools (e.g. Jmeter)
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to collaborate with other departments
Who We Are:
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC’s Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at [ Link removed ] or connect with us on [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ]