The job Senior Principal Software Engineer has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Senior Principal Software Engineer posted by DTCC
Job DescriptionAbout this Opportunity
The Development family is responsible for creating, designing, deploying, and supporting applications, programs, and software solutions. May include research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities related to software products used internally or externally on product platforms supported by the firm. The software development process requires in-depth subject matter expertise in existing and emerging development methodologies, tools, and programming languages. Software Developers work closely with business partners and / or external clients in defining requirements and implementing solutions.
The Software Engineering role specializes in planning, documenting technical requirements, designing, developing, and testing all software systems and applications for the firm. Works closely with architects, product managers, project management, and end-users in the development and enhancement of existing software systems and applications, proposing and recommending solutions that solve complex business problems.
What You'll Do
- Create and improve critical systems through the application of a broad business understanding, application development experience and technical knowledge
- Collaborate with business development, architecture, and infrastructure colleagues to analyze overall business problems and objectives
- Design strategies and solutions applying knowledge of current industry trends
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to teams through all phases of projects and advise IT senior leaders regarding strategic direction
- Translate complex business processes, technical designs, and concerns into easy to understand language
- Present architectural design proposals to ensure technology platforms and solutions meet customer needs
- Drive IT specific best practices & standards to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
Sound Like You?
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Inspires different approaches or ways of working.
- Inspires teams to constructively challenge established views.
- Presents information clearly in writing and orally in larger group settings.
- Convinces others on key topics by presenting persuasive arguments and alternative approaches.
- Sets an example for others by personally embracing change; Builds ownership for change by empowering others to lead change initiatives.