Sr Software Engineer
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You'll Love This Job:
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets.
In this role would be responsible to contribute towards new project implementations as well as enhancements to existing applications within derivatives domain catering to the requirement. There is also significant opportunity for advancement and growth in this role based on your performance and contribution towards the organization goals.
What you’ll do:
• Participate in requirements gathering with Product owners, business users and subject matter experts and come up with an elegant solution design adhering to best design patterns.
• Write clean, self-documenting code following best practices on coding incorporating unit testing.
• Collaborate with the Senior Application Architects and other technical contributors at all levels during the application development and resolve application defects identified during System Integration and User Acceptance Testing Phases
• Participate in code reviews, Sprint meetings and retrospectives.
• Provide on-going maintenance support for the applications during Post-deployment support phase.
• Be a self-starter providing creative and innovative ideas or solutions continuously improving the technological offering.
Talents Needed For Success:
• Solid Core Java including Collections, multi-threading concepts with a working experience on J2EE (Servlets, JSP) along with Framework knowledge – Spring/Sprint MVC
• Basic Database skillsets (SQL) and Unix commands is a must.
• Should be a self-motivated individual with good problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience in Agile, CI/CD, DevOps practices and tools
• Experience with source code management in GIT, Maven or Gradle is must
• Working experience with Junit or any other test framework is desirable
Who We Are:
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC’s Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at [ Link removed ] or connect with us on [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ]