The job Senior Software Engineer has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Senior Software Engineer posted by DTCC
Senior Software Engineer – Senior Associate
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You Love This Job:
Being a member of the IT Solutions ITP Team means you will be part of diverse and collaborative group of technologists. DTCC ITP is the operations expert, automating post-trade life cycle events between 6,000 financial services firms in 52 countries. We enable clients to accelerate the clearing and settlement of trades, seamlessly connect and interoperate with their counterparties, and respond to changing market and regulatory conditions ensuring quality, efficiency, and excellence using innovative technologies.
You will collaborate with your peers within and outside your area to ensure that any best practices/approaches/standards are reused. You would be part of an Agile squad and will collaborate with the Product Owner (PO) to understand the business needs and participate in planning, definition, and high-level technical design with the development team. You will collaborate with your peers within and outside your area to ensure that any best practices/approaches/standards are reused and designing elegantly and robustly.
Primary relationships will be with other members of the agile development team as well as members of the cross-functional teams, including Requirements Gathering, Product Design, Technical Architecture, Testing and Release Services
• Work with technical architects to define and document system designs and solutions consistent with the prescribed architecture.
• Collaborate with teams of software engineers on multiple and complex software development efforts, determine process improvements and suggest best practices.
• Develops close partnership with QA and other agile members and helps with the test-case preparation and automation.
Talents Needed For Success:
• Extensive knowledge in client/server and object-oriented software development utilizing
o Programming Languages: Java/J2EE, Python
o Web Frameworks: Spring MVC/REST, Spring Boot, or any MVC J2EE Framework
o ORM Frameworks: JPA, Hibernate, and/or myBatis
• 7+ years of software development experience in designing, implementing large, complex, distributed OLTP systems
• 5+ years of experience with Tomcat or other Application servers
• In-depth knowledge of relational databases including Oracle, PostgreSQL. Proficiency in various phases of the system development life cycle including project planning, analysis, design, programming and unit-testing. Solid experience in software development using CI/CD tools
• Familiarity with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Knowledge of UI Frameworks like Angular and/or React is a plus
• Federated Identity and Authorization knowledge or experience as a plus
• Proficiency with AWS development tools
• Experience in Financial industry a plus
• Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters, or equivalent experience
Who We Are:
With over 50 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC’s Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at [ Link removed ] or connect with us on [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ]