The job Software Engineer has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Software Engineer posted by DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry’s needs and we’re working to continually improve the world’s most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you’ll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It’s the chance to make a difference at a company that’s truly one of a kind.
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You'll Love This Job:
In this role you will be responsible to contribute towards fixing the software vulnerabilities evaluated by Pen and Foss security testing tools. This role is expected to work closely with Risk management, End to End Testing and Release Management teams to resolve security vulnerabilities within the due date and strengthen the Security posture of Applications in DTCC. There is also significant opportunity for advancement and growth in this role based on your performance and contribution towards the organization goals.
- To review and remediate Security findings from Pentest, FOSS and Fortify reports.
- Manage integration with vulnerability check tools such as Static Code Analysis and Dynamic Code Analysis tools.
- Identify and implement efficiencies and improvements to standard processes and procedures such as automation through scripting, programming, etc
- Understands corporate info. security standards; ensures test plans validate security requirements.
- Follow best security practices while coding to prevent any security incidents.
- Willingness to play the Security Maven will be an added advantage.
- Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban).
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Engages in activities to support the broader organization
Talents Needed for Success:
Technology Expertise - in Java, J2EE
• Works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments.
• Interact with users, business analysts, application development teams to understand business/technical requirements and system design.
• Develop functional and technical expertise for the system supported
• Contribute to overall automation framework design and enhancement
• Ensure the functionality of the functional design specification is met. Requires a functional understanding of distributed test environments.
• Align risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately.
• Security – understands corporate info. security standards; ensures test plans validate security requirements
• Standards – recommends and promotes technical solutions that are consistent with corporate standards
• Documentation – develops and maintains system documentation
• Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban) and leads team in process best practices of chosen methodology
• Solid understanding of Agile, CI/CD, Dev/Ops practices and tools.
• Demonstrates strong analytical and interpersonal skills
• Experienced in working with a geographically separated (onshore + offshore) team