The job Software Engineer has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Software Engineer posted by DTCC
Job DescriptionSoftware Engineer
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll be supported and surrounded by other authorities as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day.Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
The DTCC AD Software Engineer (SE) applies specific technical knowledge in order to assist in the construction of critical system components. The SE works as part of an AD project team and may interact with the business, Functional Architects, and subject matter experts on related systems. The SE may contribute to the design of components or individual programs, and participates fully in the construction and testing. This involves working with technical contributors at all levels. This position contributes expertise to project teams through all phases, including post-deployment support. This means researching specific technologies, and applications, and contributing to the solution design, supporting development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support. The SE must possess good communication and be able to work well on a team. This position requires working closely with the functional and governance functions, and more senior technical resources, and understanding technical designs and specifications.What you’ll do:
- Developing subject matter expertise on one or more programming languages, vendor products, DTCC applications, data structures, business lines.
- Requirements Elaboration – offers feedback to project team during build as issues arise
- Data Modeling – understands data structures
- Is aware of frameworks – leverages frameworks under guidance of more senior technical staff
- System Performance – contributes to solutions that satisfy performance requirements; constructs test cases and strategies that account for performance requirements
- Security – implements solutions and executes test plans working with more senior technical staff to validate security requirements
- Standards – is aware of technology standards and understands technical solutions need to be consistent with them
- Be able to independently follow design and code standards, contributing to continuous improvement discussions
- Documentation – develops and maintains system documentation
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
*Note: Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above*Talents needed for Success:
- Develop Java Restful APIs using Spring , Hibernate or Mybatis
- Experience with build tools Like maven and gradle
- Familiarity with Databases like Oracle, DB2 and SQL. Stored Procedures
- Proficient with standard SCM and build tools such as Git, Maven, Jenkins
- Plans, estimates and prioritizes work assignments for self
- Participates in technical reviews of other team members' work
DTCC is the heart of the post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From 21 locations all over the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, growing clarity and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. In 2020, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $2.3 quadrillion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.