The job Solution Architect I - Enterprise Solutions has been saved.Continue
Ready to apply?Please confirm your email to start the apply process.
The Job has been saved succesfully
Solution Architect I - Enterprise Solutions posted by UST
Provide technical and/or business consultative guidance for CRM/ERP implementations. Review design and optimization of enterprise-systems during both pre-sales and/or post-sales cycles
- The Solutions Architect-I leads technical strategies and architectures for systems-wide solutions.
- Expectation from this role involve leading the technical development of large projects including development and documentation of architecture strategies and standards using industry-standard integrated architecture models.
- Uses independent judgment to design analyse document and develop technical architecture and solutions for large enterprise level applications and systems
- Implement solution architecture by building components and custom designs and maintaining technical integrity
- Identify analyze recommend and implement improvements in system architectures
- Perform technical feasibility and impact analysis and make recommendations for software architecture or software solution/product selection
- Perform design reviews
- Lead direct and participate in new technology adoption in ERP/CRM.
- Build strong internal or external customer relationships and manage expectations at all levels
- Must understand current operational frameworks and how solutions will be managed through and after the implementation
- Accountable with deal pursuit to ensure that proposed solutions offer a winning value proposition playing a key role in the preparation of proposals
- Lead the due diligence phase of a pursuit to validate and revise the solution as necessary
- Supervise software architects to develop system recommendation documents by researching evaluating analyzing and selecting technology and infrastructure products functionality and features
- Use expertise and skills in enterprise solutions technologies to develop/enhance the ERP/CRM Practice.
- Set goals in NorthStar and measure the progress timely and update accordingly.
Measures of Outcomes:
- Number of applicable technical/domain certifications completed
- Number of mandatory trainings (Industry/technology specific training UST mandatory trainings) completed
- Number of RFPs and estimations prepared in ERP/CRM Practice
- Number of practice members guided to expand their technical knowledge in specific area apart from their assigned work.
- Number of technical sessions conducted within Practice for the benefit of peers and team members.
- Contribution to technology capability development (e.g. Training Webinars Blogs)
- Customer feedback on overall technical quality (zero technology related escalations)
- Business Development (number of proposals contributed to as applicable)
- Number of Technology specific communities in which the role holder is active
- Number of design patterns / components reused / created
- Number of consulting assignments led/participated
- Number of white papers / document assets
- Breadth of technology knowledge (no. of technologies)
- Number of ideas conceptualized for ERP/CRM Practice.
Solution Definition & Design:
- Ensure alignment of high-level architecture with the existing client need and business logic; review design prepared by architects.
- Ensure the appropriate teams are involved in the solution design. Ensure technical integration ability and requirements compliance of the solution especially in case of a multi group / multivendor program.
- Involve external partners / horizontals as appropriate.
- Provide guidance to solution architect around usage of patterns/anti patterns in the solution.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency improvements (e.g. automation) risk reduction in the transformation process.
- Understand the various work streams and technologies necessary to deliver on large programs.
- Resolve any issues based on industry expertise / partners leverage.
- Provide best in class technology and solution options to customers with detailed examples and case studies. Guide customers on process and technology improvements to achieve agility and quick results.
Asset Development and Governance:
- Provide thought leadership in conceptualizing the need and design of assets.
- Track implementation of assets.
- Lead asset effectiveness and programs.
Project Control and Review:
- Perform architecture design review.
- Identify opportunities for optimization of cost / time / asset utilization in complex projects and advise relevant teams accordingly where possible.
- Provide advice to teams facing complex technical issues in the course of project delivery.
- Define and measure project /program specific architectural and technology quality metrics.
- Review outputs to ensure NFRs are met
Knowledge Management & Capability Development:
- Provide inputs to teams for training etc.
- Identify the training needs and conduct internal sessions to meet the same.
- Update collateral on to the knowledge management repository.
- Gain and cultivate domain expertise to provide best and optimized solutions to customer.
Requirement gathering and Analysis:
- Understand and transform the requirements using ERP/CRM best solution approaches.
- Validate the cross application / cross technology requirements to ensure integrate ability and reconciliation of conflicting requirements; working with customers and other stakeholders
- Provide support to various project managers in identification of training needs of the team.
- Conduct training and mentoring with respect to technical skills on projects.
- Support technical evaluation of external and internal candidates to meet project requirements.
- Perform career guidance and performance management for team members.
- Identify alliance partners based on the understanding of service offerings and client requirements.
- Identify areas for joint GTM with the partner.
- Develop internal capabilities/complementary toolsets to support the GTM strategy.
- Maintain the relationship with partners.
- Act as the UST technical POC for the specific technology/solution area.
- Define problem statement for the customer.
- Analyze application/ technology landscape process tools and arrive at solution options best fit for the client.
- Analyse Cost Vs Benefits of solution options.
- Define the technology/ architecture roadmap for the client.
- Articulate the cost vs benefits of options to key customer stakeholders
Innovation and Though Leadership:
- Participate in external forums (seminars paper presentation etc.) to showcase UST capabilities and insights.
- Interact and engage with customers/ partners around new innovative ideas concepts and assets as well as industry trends and implications.
- Participate in Beta testing of products / joint lab setup with customer to explore application of new technologies / products.
- Identify areas where components/accelerators or design patterns could be reused across different accounts.
- Create documents reports white papers (international/national) on the research findings
Sales Support and Project Estimation:
- Develop collaterals for proposals.
- Conduct workshops at the client site to assist the sales team in sales support if required.
- Compare various designs and propose appropriate technology solutions based on the understanding of the RFP and inputs from Architects.
- Calculate and present estimates based on high level designs to management for supporting go/ no-go decisions.
- Review estimations and resource plans.
- Review risk and mitigation plan.
- Anchor proposal development with cross-linkages across multiple competency units to arrive at a coherent solution unique value propositions with clear differentiators.
- Participate in client presentation and client visits
- Proactively identifying solutions for technical issues
- Ability to maintain technical evaluation procedures
- Ability to estimate project effort based on requirements
- Perform and evaluate test results against product specifications
- Break down complex problems into logical components
- Interface with other teams designers and other parallel practices
- Set goals for self and team. Provide feedback for team members
- Create and articulate impactful technical presentations
- Follow high level of business etiquette in emails and other business communication
- Drive conference calls with customers and answer customer questions
- Ability to work under pressure determine dependencies risks facilitate planning handling multiple tasks Build confidence with customers by meeting the deliverables in time with quality.
- Use knowledge of Domain/ Industry Knowledge to understand business requirements create POC to meet business requirements contextualize the solution to the industry under guidance create business logic. Interact with SMEs at various stages of the development translate business requirements to system requirements and perform impact analysis of changes in requirements
- Use Technology Knowledge to build solutions that interface multiple products/ technologies under guidance. Design technology roadmap for the client define POC specifics and provide technical guidance to teams to create the same. Create assets independently and provide technical guidance to practitioners. Identify and evaluate new technologies create white papers on Enterprise Architecture conduct demos to the client to showcase the features of the solution review and audit solution independently
- Use knowledge of Technology Trends to identify technologies/ products relevant to UST in the short term (1- 2 years) within own area/ multiple areas. Forecast trends on new solutions/products/ technologies required in UST. Create/ review technology roadmap for the client
- Use knowledge of Architecture Concepts and Principles to evaluate the readiness and relevance of architecture solutions. Evaluate existing client implementations for performance bottlenecks and suggest improvement; create value proposition presentations and demos. Provide thought leadership within UST provide training on best practices in architecture provide technical guidance to teams during system architecture. Define enterprise architecture frameworks validate application architecture solutions independently and define system architecture for complex applications within the boundaries of the enterprise architecture.
- Use knowledge of Design Patterns Tools and Principles to identify optimized patterns within the given requirements review and suggest applicability of design/ patterns to business needs define design best practices at project level provide technical guidance to create high level design
- Use knowledge of Software Development Process Tools & Techniques to identify and assess incremental improvements for software development process methodology and tools. Take technical responsibility for all stages in the software development process conduct optimal coding with clear understanding of memory leakage and related impact. Implement global standards and guidelines relevant to programming and development; come up with 'points of view' and new technological ideas
- Use knowledge of Project Management Tools and Techniques to plan and manage simple small or medium size projects/ modules as defined within UST. Identify risks and mitigation strategies and implement the same to manage simple small or medium size projects/ modules.
- Use knowledge of Project Governance Framework to support development of the communication protocols escalation matrix reporting mechanisms for small / medium projects/ modules as defined within UST
- Use knowledge of Project Metrics to understand relevance in project. Collect/ collate project metrics and share it with the relevant stakeholders
- Use knowledge of Estimation and Resource Planning to consolidate estimates at a solution level evaluate risks and validate estimates from a technical standpoint; with assumptions scope and boundaries defined. Conduct resource planning (pyramid people development) at a project level based on project requirement. C impact analysis for changes and analyze corresponding impact to overall estimates resource loading and MPP (re-baseline)
- Use knowledge of Knowledge Management Tools & Techniques to leverage existing material and re-usable assets in knowledge repository. Independently create and update knowledge artefacts. Create and track project specific KT plans provide training to others write white papers/ blogs at internal level write technical documents/ user understanding documents at the end of the project
- Use knowledge of Technical Standards Documentation & Templates to create documentation appropriate for the project needs. Create documentation appropriate for the reusable assets/ best practices/ case studies
- Use knowledge of Requirement Gathering and Analysis to create requirements documents and highlevel process maps. Identify gaps on the basis of business process analyse responses to clarification questions produce design documents and RTM independently. Create and review estimates and solutions at project level. Create and review design artefacts and update resourcing and schedule based on impacted areas identified. Create design specifically for non-functional requirements
- Use knowledge of Solution Structuring to carve out complex solutions/POCs for a customer based on their needs. Recommend technology specific accelerators and tools for the overall solution along with optimal features e.g. time savings cost benefits
- Familiar with new features of ERP/CRM eco system and design solutions based on advanced features
- Focus on performance improvement and security aspects of overall application.
- Functional and technical design on various ERP/CRM cloud platform features and automations.
- Thorough knowledge of coding best practices and understanding the limitations of Apex coding
- Experience in integrating ERP/CRM with external systems using SOAP API REST API etc.
- Must have knowledge of HTML/HTML5 CSS XML AJAX Web-services Google APIs JQuery/any other java-script framework.
- Experience with Google APIs JQuery/any other java-script framework technology specific mobile development (if applicable) Analytics etc
- Experience working in Agile methodology.
- Software Development Process Tools & Techniques: Demonstrates thorough knowledge of end to end SDLC process (Agile and Traditional) SDLC methodology programming principles tools best practices (refactoring code code package etc.)
- Estimation and Resource Planning: Specialized knowledge of: estimation and resource planning techniques (e.g. TCP estimation model case based scenario-based estimation work breakdown structure estimation etc.)
- Requirement Gathering and Analysis: Applies specialized knowledge of requirements gathering for (non-functional) requirements analysis for functional and non-functional requirement analysis tools (such as functional flow diagrams activity diagrams blueprint storyboard) techniques (such as business analysis process mapping etc.) and requirements management tools (such as MS Excel) with a basic knowledge of functional requirements gathering
- Deep understanding of architecting solutions and applications on cloud-based infrastructures.
- Design Patterns Tools and Principles: Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of design patterns design principles practices and design tools
- Knowledge Management Tools & Techniques: Demonstrates working knowledge of industry knowledge management tools (such as portals wiki UST and customer knowledge management tools techniques (such as classroom training self-study application walkthrough and reverse KT)
- Technical Standards Documentation & Templates: Demonstrates working knowledge of various document templates and standards (such as business blueprint design documents and test specifications)
- Solution Structuring: Demonstrates specialized knowledge of service offerings and products.