Clarivate Analytics is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We deliver critical data, information, workflow solutions, and deep domain expertise to innovators worldwide.
Our solutions cover the entire lifecycle of innovation: scientific and academic research; patent analytics and regulatory standards; pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence; trademark, domain and brand protection. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted brands, including Web of Science, Derwent, CompuMark, Cortellis, MarkMonitor, and Techstreet.
We employ more than 4,300 colleagues in 43 countries.
Clarivate Analytics is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the tickers NYSE:CCC; CCC.WS.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Develops and improves business processes within the business organization and understands client requirements, specifying and analyzing these to a sufficient level of detail to ensure clarity of definition. Collects, writes formal specifications and communicates business requirements between development and client to design and implement business solutions.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a relationship with Data Provider e.g. Exchanges, Contributors.
- Responsible for the collection, analysis and documentation of a client's business needs and requirements.
- Participates in short term planning sessions with a client to improve a business process within an assigned client area.
- Uses a structured requirements process to assess near-term needs.
- Uses a structured change management process to shepherd projects from requirements gathering through design, testing, implementation, client transition and on-going systems maintenance
- Provides business process and systems analysis, requirements specifications, consult on development and testing management for implementing technology-based editorial business solutions focusing on increasing productivity, data accuracy, automation and efficiency while reducing redundancy and costs.
- Identify, recommend and develop methods, tools and metrics for client business process and systems operational support
- Provide client systems support in order to resolve issues and contribute to on-going systems maintenance and evolution.
- Identifies business priorities and advises client on options.
- Responsible for generating systems documentation for operational support and end user information. Conducts operational and end user training and support transitions of operational support to client.
- Ensures change management and communication of change is done in a systematic way for projects where initial requirements may evolve during the lifecycle of the project.
- Develops relationships with a client by being proactive, displays a thorough understanding of their business, and provides innovative business solutions. Works with clients to ensure smooth transitions to new systems and/or business processes.
- Develops a basic awareness and understanding of Clarivate technologies, products, and services.
- Recommends metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
Scope and Impact
- Performs work within one business segment and within a project context to gather and specify business requirements and/or to work on the next stage of the requirements process to conduct systems analysis and produce more technical, functional specifications.
- Responsible for managing projects through the development lifecycle including requirements gathering, functional specifications, testing, implementation, training, transition and maintenance.
- Works with project team members for projects of small to medium scope and simple to moderate complexity, or sub-projects within a large or highly complex project.
- Accountable for the quality of own work, delivered within agreed procedures and timeframes and focused on internal and/or external customer needs.
- Works independently within defined parameters, taking ownership of problems within own area of knowledge.
- Decisions taken are made within guidelines set by others. Makes recommendations for process improvements to immediate manager. Receives direct guidance and supervision in day to day work.
- Performs work within one business segment engaging in less complex business processes within a project context to gather and specify business requirements or to work on the next stage of the requirements process to conduct systems analysis.
- Quality of work is regularly reviewed by manager to ensure it is delivered within agreed procedures and timeframes and focused on internal and/or external customer needs.
• Understands the development organization and other specialized areas such as Product Management and Data and future direction of the business for an assigned client area.
• Understands the effects of technology used within Development, and the impact on the business client.
• Understands basic financial information and markets and the future direction of the industry.
• Understands performance requirements and helps formulate Key Performance Indicators for a project.
• Understands principles of usability and helps ensure products are fit for purpose.
• Understands requirements management best practice and ensures these practices are used.
Relationships: Internal / External
- Development leads (e.g. Managers, Project Managers, Project Leaders, Technical Leads)
- Development staff
- Third party Development Leads & Architects
- Customer Segments
- Customer Segment Partners
- Data Providers
- May include external clients, Capability Managers and Business users.
Certifications / Education
Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience.
Must have a solid understanding of the client's existing business processes, the key drivers and measures of success of the business, and the short and long term direction of the business and technology. May also need to understand the project business requirements and facilitate implementation team member's understanding of these as well. Working understanding of information systems, business operations, requirements analysis, and integration/design of client solutions. Needs to have a high level understanding of the overall Clarivate Analytics Development or internal systems architecture in order to understand the issues & implications of proposed systems & hardware solutions. Requires some relevant technical or business work experience, ideally a background in business area supported. Requires experience with and understanding of Business Operations and requirements processes, as well as basic business modeling concepts. May also need experience in information systems, development life cycle, business process development and leadership skills.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.