A Senior Technical Writer is responsible for analyzing, mapping, documenting, and maintaining high-quality procedures housed in our online user reference manual. The writer interacts with subject matter experts in all divisions to identify procedural inconsistencies and inefficiencies both intra- and interdepartmentally. Senior Technical Writers are also responsible for project management and mentoring Technical Writers.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Write consistent, concise, easy-to-understand, plain language procedures intended for new hire audiences.
• Create desktop procedures consistent with and resulting from regulatory, compliance, and legal changes.
• Work with business unit contacts to ensure updates are made within compliant timeframes.
• Gather, assess and confirm interpretation of new and/or changing business practices.
• Maintain open communication with departmental contacts to monitor the effectiveness of existing desktop procedure documentation and to ensure the Corporate Training Team is kept informed of procedural changes.
• Develop and maintain procedures adhering to the internally developed process.
• Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
• Provide Instructional Designers and Trainers updates to ensure instructional material is being developed and maintained from the most current desktop procedures.
• Train and mentor other Technical Writers.
• Review procedures created by other Technical Writers to provide feedback on procedure structure, content, learning validity and adherence to standards and guidelines.
• Maintain expertise in the principles of organizational communication and documentation.
• Identify inefficiencies by monitoring changes in procedure and coordinating cross-functional reviews to provide support for the streamlining of business practices as they relate to desktop procedures.
• Adherence to strict project deadlines.
• Build relationships and support business units with determining what needs to be documented, creating documentation, understanding cross-functional impacts, ensuring accuracy and communicating business task changes.
• Write clear and concise procedures followed by associates at the desktop level. The procedures are used to train new hires and existing associates how to perform the required job tasks and notify them when the job tasks have changed.
• Masters in Communication, college degree in journalism, English or communications, or equivalent related business experience required
• Minimum two years of high performance in technical writing
• Proficient written and verbal skills using the English language
• Ability to deliver high quality documentation, paying attention to detail and the necessary sequence of the steps/procedures.
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and translate for users with non-technical backgrounds
• A comfort level working with changing technology and software
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite required, especially Word and Excel
• Technical/business writing and editing skills
• Project management experience, including project start-up and process improvement methodologies
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to handle strict deadlines and the pressures of working with others on complicated deliverables
• Strong communication and interpersonal skillsTRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (only add if needed)
• Mortgage banking or financial services experience helpful
• Knowledge of MadCap Flare helpfulWORK SCHEDULE OR TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (Only add if needed)
• Location: Bangalore, India
• Shift: 17:30 pm – 2:30 am IST
• May be expected to work flexible shifts and weekends to meet aggressive deadlines and coordinate with resources in other time zones
• Must be willing to travel nationally or internationally alone or with a group to meet off-site needs or attend training
Ocwen is intensely focused on hiring, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry! Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion ensures that we are an organization that creates, promotes and sustains an inclusive work environment in which diversity, inclusiveness and respect are integral parts of our culture and work environment. Building the reputation as an outstanding place to work, a great business partner and a valued community member is our everyday endeavor.
Ocwen’s mission is to delight our customers through caring service and innovative lending solutions. We proudly serve over 1.3 million families with their mortgage needs by helping to find real solutions that benefit our customers and help to build stronger communities. Helping Homeowners is What We Do!®
Consider an opportunity to join our global team and put “Caring in Action” while growing your career.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Bangalore Pritech 2 (PTECH-2)
Pritech SEZ Park, Block Number 12
5th Floor B Wing and 6th Floor A WingBellandur Village, Sarjapur Marathahalli Ring Road
India Business UnitSchedule:
Feb 14, 2019, 5:46:52 PM