PHP originally stood for Personal Home Page.PHP is a computer scripting language. Originally designed for producing dynamic web pages, it has evolved to include a command line interface capability and can be used in standalone graphical applications. PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. It generally runs on a web server, taking PHP code as its input and creating web pages as output. It can be deployed on most web servers and on almost every operating system and platform free of charge. At Course Completion:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify PHP syntax, Create PHP scripts, Send data to the Web browser.
- Create PHP scripts using multiple files ,Display and handle HTML forms within a single PHP script.
- Send email from a PHP script, Normalize a database into First, Second and Third Normal Forms, Search a database using joins, groupings, and FULLTEXT searches.
- Create indexes to improve the ability to search a database, Modify specific scripts to allow for secure data transmission, Update database records using PHP scripts.
- Adjust behavior for server settings ,Paginate query results ,Make sortable displays ,Prevent forms from being submitted multiple times.
- Validate form data, Manage database encryption and decryption techniques, Describe the purpose of PEAR.